At ADCAM, we adhere to the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) of the United Nations Global Compact that operates in Spain through the Spanish Network. It is a corporate social responsibility initiative that aims to adopt a set of global goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
The United Nations Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative that commits participating companies and institutions to be responsible, ethical, inclusive and transparent.
The Global Compact and the SDGs generate a renewed, committed and united global cooperation of companies and institutions that is moving towards a more equitable, inclusive and sustainable world. This cooperation “must cross borders, sectors and generations so that we can adapt to changing circumstances” in the words of Sanda Ojiambo, UN Global Compact executive Director, and achieve these sustainable development goals.
With more than 12,500 member entities in more than 160 countries, it is the largest corporate social responsibility initiative in the world that, under the UN mandate, promotes the Sustainable Development Goals in the private sector.
What are the Sustainable Development Goals?
The SDGs is an initiative promoted by the United Nations consisting of 17 objectives and 169 targets proposed as a continuation of the MDGs (Development Goals Millennium).
- Eradicate poverty in all its forms.
- End hunger, achieve food security, better nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Guarantee a healthy life and promote well-being for all.
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Guarantee the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Develop resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequalities between and within countries.
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Guarantee sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent measures to combat climate change and its effects.
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources to achieve sustainable development.
- Protect, restore and promote the sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation, and halt the loss of biological diversity.
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies, facilitate access to justice for all, and create effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Strengthen the means of implementation and reignite the global partnership for sustainable development.
ADCAM’s involvement and commitment to the SDGs
From our part, every two years we deliver a COE report (Communication of Involvement) in which we expose in which aspects we work on each objective and the progress and achievements we achieve in relation to them.
Our commitment to the SDGs is firm and, for example, through our Collaboration projects, Schooling and Support for Artisan Women, we are working to achieve goals 1 and 2, eradication of poverty, and goals 5 and 10, eradication of inequality and discrimination.
The actions aimed at Preventive Health within the Community are committed to objective 3, guaranteeing a healthy life and promoting well-being for everyone in all ages.
In the same way, we achieve goal 4, a quality education, through our school project that directly affects the promotion of an inclusive and equitable education, at the same time that it provides lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Goals 6 and 7 go hand in hand through the implementation of a clean water and sanitation system and the use of affordable and non-polluting energy.
To achieve goal 8, decent employment for all and economic growth, we build on our project to support women artisans, through which we promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, in addition to full and productive employment.
In the same vein, we are working on objectives 9, 10, 11 and 12 by achieving a sustainable camp managed by the Masai themselves, in which we are improving year after year its facilities and infrastructure in general.
From our Solidarity Camp and with the community, we work towards the achievement of objectives 13, action for the climate, and 15, life of terrestrial ecosystems, through multiple measures such as waste management, the elimination of plastics, and in general care for the environment through non-invasive practices that harm the ecosystem.
As you can see, in ADCAM, all our projects are interrelated and are aimed at the same goal, to achieve a better world, based on the continuous work of the SDGs. We promise to continue working tirelessly on all our projects!